Lake Travis Fire Rescue is responsible for the Fuels Management Program for the preserve area shown in the map below.
Lake Travis Fire Rescue uses the most up to date Firewise principals and practices in conjunction with USF&W Services Best Management Practices for an Eco friendly shaded fuel break. Some of Lake Travis Fire Rescue responsibilities include
- Removal of ladder fuels liming up to 6′
- Removal of brush 4″ or less at breast height
- Removal of chipped material
- Spraying all oaks with pruning seal
- Spreading chipped vegetation in some areas to reduce fine fuel regrowth